COVID-19 TESTING UPDATE:
The Physicians PremiER Emergency Room staff and physicians care about you and your loved ones. We are here 24/7 for all your emergency care needs.
- If you are experiencing fever, shortness of breath, chest pain, dizziness, weakness, numbness, sensory loss, or any other emergent medical problems, please call 911 or seek medical care immediately at your nearest Emergency Room.
- To provide the highest quality emergency medical care to our communities, we are directing all routine COVID testing to outpatient community resources.
- Testing through local resources, including your primary care doctor, urgent care, walk-in clinic, or local health department, is appropriate under the following circumstances:
- If you have been exposed to a person known to have COVID, and you do not have symptoms, we recommend that you self-quarantine at home and seek testing 4-5 days after exposure. It often takes this long for the infection to be detected by routine lab testing.
- If you have no symptoms or very mild symptoms, outpatient testing is also typically appropriate.
- Please follow the link for local COVID testing resources.
- If you have tested negative, you should still self-quarantine for 14 days from the day of suspected exposure as it can take anywhere from 2-14 days to come down with symptoms of this infection.
- Please kindly limit your phone time with our Emergency Rooms as the phone lines are needed to communicate with other health care entities and to provide patients their test results. Thank you for your understanding during this trying time.