Abdominal Pain Treatment in Corpus Christi
Abdominal pain, often referred to as belly pain, may be caused by a number of factors. The stomach, intestines, and other internal organs within the abdominal cavity are susceptible to an extensive array of risk factors, making an accurate diagnosis extremely important.
The term “abdominal pain” may include a variety of individual symptoms, each with its own underlying cause. This is one of the key reasons that evaluation by a medical professional is vital to appropriate treatment. Abdominal pain may refer to cramps, intense bloating, stabbing pain, a constant ache, and waves of pain that occur even when patient is lying down. Pain radiating up into the chest from the stomach or intestinal area may also occur.
Our team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Contact us anytime; we are standing by and ready to help with all of your emergency care needs, including abdominal pain and related conditions.
WHEN IS ABDOMINAL PAIN AN EMERGENCY?
Abdominal discomfort caused by common issues like gas, constipation, and diarrhea that is not severe may not necessarily constitute an emergency if symptoms subside within a reasonable amount of time. If, however, you experience any of the following, it is strongly recommended that you visit our emergency room for immediate urgent care:
- Blood in diarrhea
- Pain or pressure that makes breathing difficult
- Bleeding from the rectum that does not subside
- Swelling of the abdomen that is hard to the touch
- Uncontrollable vomiting
- Coughing up blood (or blood in vomit)
- Inability to have a bowel movement (may indicate bowel obstruction)
- Abdominal pain while pregnant
- Abdominal cramps accompanied by fever
- Suspicion of an ectopic or tubal pregnancy
- Pain in the right lower abdomen
- Pain in the right upper abdomen
- Severe pain that does not improve